HOTEL POLICIES AT GRAND HOTEL — LUXURY HOTEL IN KENNEBUNK, MAINE
THE GRAND HOTEL'S RESERVATION POLICIES
Reservations: Reservations for the Grand Hotel can be made by telephone or online. A room is not reserved until a credit card has been obtained for deposit. Please note: upon confirmation of your reservation, you are obligated for the deposit, as outlined below. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Should you not receive a confirmation email it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure we have the correct information on file.
Deposit and Payment: All deposits will be charged at the time of booking and applies to any and all date(s) of your reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Cash, check and gift certificates issued by the Grand Hotel and the Kennebunkport Resort Collection are also accepted. If you plan on using a gift certificate, please let us know at the time of booking. The following structure applies to calculate a deposit:
- 1 night: Full amount (including taxes and fees)
- 2+ nights: 50% of the total amount (including taxes and fees)
- All discounted rates & flash sales such as, but not limited to, Advance Purchase, New Year's Day Sale, April Fools' Day Sale, etc., require a 100% deposit and are completely non-refundable.
- Christmas Prelude: A 50% advance deposit is required at the time of reservation, with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to your arrival. If you cancel your reservation prior to 30 days, we will refund your advance deposit, less a $50 administration fee. Within 30 days of your arrival, your reservation is non-cancellation and non-refundable.
Cancellation Policy: We are a small Kennebunk hotel; therefore, cancellations affect us significantly. If you find it necessary to change or cancel your reservation, please refer to the following schedule:
- Summer Season: If your arrival date is between May 1-October 31, we require a minimum of 21 days' notice to receive a refund of your deposit, less a $50 administration fee.
- Winter Season: If your arrival date is between November 1-April 30, we require a minimum of 7 days' notice to receive a refund of your deposit, less a $50 administration fee.
- Christmas Prelude: If your reservation is for our annual Christmas Prelude, we require a minimum of 30 days' notice to receive a refund of your deposit, less a $50 administration fee.
- All discounted rates & flash sales such as, but not limited to, Advance Purchase, New Year's Day Sale, April Fools' Day Sale, etc., require a 100% deposit and are completely non-refundable regardless of cancellation date.
Should you cancel within the above mentioned travel dates, your reservation is non-cancellable and non-refundable, and the deposit will be forfeited. Please note, guests are always welcome to send a friend or family member to take their place as a guest of the Grand Hotel.
Minimum Stays: 2, sometimes 3 night minimum stays are required during peak season and for all major holiday weekends. If our availability allows for a one night stay we may make an exception to the minimum stay policy.
Additional Persons/ Traveling with Children: All rooms are quoted for double occupancy. A third adult may be accommodated for an additional $50 per person, per night in select rooms. Please note, the Grand Hotel does not have roll-away cots. For visitors traveling with children, click here to learn more about Kennebunkport Resort Collection's family-friendly hotels.
Check in/out: Check-in is guaranteed by 3:00 PM. Our team is available 24-hours a day and can assist with overnight arrivals. Check-out time is prior to 11:00 AM.
Pet Policy: Our property cannot accommodate pets. However, our sister hotels, The Lodge on the Cove, the Ivy Cottage at Cape Arundel Inn & Resort, and Yachtsman Hotel and Marina Club, are dog-friendly hotels in Kennebunkport, ME.
Smoking: The Grand Hotel is 100% non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property. There is a $250 cleaning fee if we find guests have smoked in or outside of the rooms.
Alcohol: Due to Maine State Law, only “Hotel Served” alcoholic beverages can be consumed in public areas. If you wish to bring alcohol it can only be consumed in the privacy of your room.
Taxes & Fees: A resort fee of $20 per night, 9% Maine State Sales Tax, 2% Destination Fee, and a 1% Community Impact Fee are applied to all room reservations.
- Our Destination Fee is collected to fund the promotion of Kennebunkport as a destination, support the growth of attractions and events in the area, and to sustain other tourism development initiatives.
- The Kennebunkport Resort Collection is committed to keeping the Kennebunks a welcoming locale and building up our community through charitable and service initiatives. Our focuses are affordable housing, protecting wildlife habitats, and creating spaces for the youth of our community.
Errors & Omissions: Our website and booking engine may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, including but not limited to inaccuracies relating to pricing or availability applicable to your transaction. The Grand Hotel does not assume responsibility or liability for any such inaccuracies, errors or omissions. We reserve the right to make changes, corrections, and/or improvements to our website and booking engine, and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
Gift Cards: Purchase a Kennebunkport Resort Collection Gift Card!